The Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award (Summit MEA) allows marketing and advertising companies to demonstrate their ability to influence consumer’s knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs.
- Summit MEA is open to both individuals, and companies of any size.
- All work submitted must have been completed within the last two calendar years up through the final deadline.
- Entries may not have been previously entered in the Summit MEA competition unless 51% of the work has been revised.
- All entries must be submitted for judging exactly as published, aired, or implemented and may not be modified for awards. The Summit Awards may request proof of initial production, publication and/or air date. The awards may request proof of initial production, publication and/or air date.
- A written translation or adaptation must accompany non-English entries.
- There is no limit to the number of entries a contestant may enter.
- Some entries may qualify for multiple categories; if so, treat as separate submissions.
- The Awards and its jury reserve the right to reclassify entries if incorrectly entered or are deemed to be more competitive elsewhere.
- Judges reserve the right to make no award in a category if submissions do not meet their expectations.
- We respect and acknowledge the intellectual copyright of the entering firms’ creative work and we will fully protect those rights.
- Single Entry is one piece of creative execution, ie. brochure, website, annual report, TV spot, logo, website, outdoor, direct mail.
- Campaigns consist of at least two separate executions in one or more media.
- Late December/Early January
Each Summit MEA entry is accompanied by its project overview: Background/Overview, audience, competitive landscape, constraints/limitations, objective, strategies & desired response, creative execution, and results. For specific overview information, log in to the Summit Awards’ Entry Platform.
Project details may include:
Background/Overview/Historic details, Project Story, Audience, Competitive landscape, Constraints/Limitations, Objectives, Strategies, Creative execution, Results.
Size: Keep uploads under 100 megs.
Images: jpeg, jpg, gif, png
Documents: pdf, doc
Audio: mp3, aac, amr, wma, wav, m4a, m4p
Video: flv, mp4, mkv, 3gp, mpg, mpeg, mov, avi, wmv
Do not submit files which force judges to install or locally-download including .exe, .zip, .tar, .tgz, .taz, .z, or .gz. Email us with questions or to suggest workarounds.
- Upload screenshot – jpg, gif, png (for visual thumbnail) and
- Upload Video/Commercial/Audio file or host on an outside server (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- One-sided creative (ads, logos, posters, etc.) upload jpg.
- Two-sided or multi-page creative samples, send multiple jpgs or combine them into one multi-page pdf.
(Provide all pages of item vs a photo taken to display it. Juries need the option to read and not just view as a presentation.)
Websites, Online Entry, PR, Online Application Preparation
- Upload screenshot of homepage/open screen (for visual thumbnail) and
- Input URL in the provided field.
(For Apps/Interactive – Do not require judges to download and/or launch. Alternatively, provide short video, screen capture, or other visual presentation (video, pdf, ppt), to demonstrate app/interactive. Provide any needed UN and passwords.