All entries must be submitted exactly as produced/published/aired and may not be modified for the competition. The SIA presumes all entries are original and the entrant either owns the creative submission or has permission from a client or collaborator to enter for award consideration. In the event an entry is submitted without such privileges, the entry will not be eligible for the competition and entry fees are forfeited.
Derivative, copycat, agency version, and director’s cut entries, including ghost clients or spec do not meet the SIA’s submission criteria. In the event of a complaint or suspicion of authenticity by the SIA or its board of judges, the SIA will conduct an internal and/or external inquiry and make a final determination of contest eligibility. In the event of an external inquiry, the SIA will ask for and require any detailed documentation to which it deems pertinent. The SIA’s decision on the eligibility of an entry is final and if an entry is deemed to be ineligible, entry fees are forfeited.
The SIA organization is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant.
Submission of an entry acknowledges the right of the SIA to use it for exhibition and publication to promote winners in any medium unless specifically specified at the time of submission. Timely submission of an entry that meets all eligibility requirements and payment of the entry fee as stated herein ensures that an entrant’s work will be reviewed and considered for recognition, barring any unforeseen exceptions. No other representation or warranty is made by the SIA concerning entries and all implied warranties are hereby expressly disclaimed.
If an entrant’s submission receives an award, the manner and details of announcing such nomination and award are strictly within the discretion of the SIA. Entrant understands that all awards may not be given or publicized in the same manner or form.
The SIA reserves final determination on eligibility. By submitting contest application, entry fee, and work for review, the entrant agrees to the above terms & conditions.
Should an entrant choose to remove a submission from an award, please notify the SIA administration immediately. Any refund amount is contingent on spent staff time, administrative resources, and judging stage processes.
Due to the customization process, trophies, plaques, and certificates are non-refundable unless we are notified of such prior to midnight of the day of the transaction.
1. The Job Board of the Summit Awards website is provided as a service of the organization. Any information posted by users must be related to the purposes of the Job Board. The Summit Awards reserves the right to remove postings deemed not in the correct sector.
2. The Job Board is to be used only by individuals interested in obtaining career information and filling job openings and by employers posting employment opportunities.
3. Those using the Job Board to fill job openings are prohibited from posting any incomplete, false, or inaccurate employment history or other biographical information.
4. Those using the Job Board to post employment opportunities shall abide by all local, state, and federal laws concerning hiring and employment. Such users shall be prohibited from posting any franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership,” distributorship, or sales representative agency arrangement or other opportunities that requires an up-front or periodic payment or recruitment of other members, sub-distributors, or sub-agents. Significant finger shaking is going on here!
5. Users shall exercise common sense and courtesy when posting information and shall not use the Job Board to transmit defamatory, disparaging, obscene, or offensive materials or communications.
6. Users are prohibited from uploading or distributing any information subject to trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights except with the owner’s express consent of the rights.
7. Posted information will not be treated as confidential.
8. The Job Board is not to be accessed to conduct any activities that may be illegal. For example, the Job Board shall not encourage software infringement, spreading computer viruses, breaking into private computer forums, gambling, or other crimes.
9. The Job Board is not to be used in a manner that violates the bylaws or any other policies, procedures, rules, or regulations of the Summit Awards.
10. Users of the Job Board may provide their passwords to third parties only with the express prior written consent of the Summit Awards