The Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award (MEA) recognizes and rewards companies for innovative and leading-edge creative work that uses strategy and results-based effectiveness to create solutions in today's marketplace.
The business of advertising is about creatively and effectively executing a client's goal yet, advertising firms face a number of barriers in reaching the end result. The Summit MEA offers firms an opportunity to demonstrate how they have overcome barriers and achieved objectives. The Summit MEA gives firms the chance to highlight their creativity and effectiveness by asking and looking deeper into:
- The Big Idea - Strength of and creative approach.
- Strategies used to overcome barriers.
- How approach moves the audience closer to action through the use of creative execution and strategic planning.
- Whether the creative successfully influences, changes or reinforces the knowledge, attitudes or beliefs of the audience?
Winners of the Marketing Effectiveness Award benefit from the prestige associated with Summit International Awards. SIA stands apart by offering a truly competitive environment where entries are judged alongside each other by a professional jury. SIA makes its competitions affordable and accessible to the industry, and offers streamlined Internet submissions and a friendly, knowledgeable customer service staff. Companies from all over the world invest their promotional dollars for the opportunity to be recognized as a Summit International Award winner.
|Rules & Guidelines|||||MEA Categories|||||Online Entry|||||Entry Kit|||||Dates & Fees|||||MEA Brief|
Who Should Enter:
Summit Marketing Effectiveness Awards offers:
The Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award (Summit MEA) allows advertising companies to demonstrate their ability to influence consumer's knowledge, attitudes and beliefs.
- Summit MEA is open to both individuals and companies of any billing size.
- All work submitted must have been completed within the last two calendar years of the final deadline.
- Entries may not have been previously entered in the Summit MEA competition unless 51% of the work has been revised.
- The awards may request proof of initial production, publication and/or air date.
- A written translation or adaptation must accompany non-English entries.
- There is no limit to the number of entries a contestant may enter.
- Some entries may qualify for multiple categories; if so, treat as separate submissions.
- The Awards and its judging representatives reserves the right to reclassify entries if incorrectly entered or are deemed to be more competitive elsewhere.
- Judges reserve the right to make no award in a category if submissions do not meet their expectations.
- All entries become the property of the SIA and cannot be returned. We respect and acknowledge the intellectual copyright of the entering firms' creative work and we will fully protect those rights.
Level of Awards:
- Best of Category
- Platinum – Communication that achieves the highest degree of effect.
- Silver – Communication that reaches the level of influential impact.
Apr 20 - May 22
May 23 - June 26
June 27 - July 28
Association with the prestige of an SIA competition is press-worthy and garners media exposure. The SIA is committed to helping winners make the most of their success. Winners are publicized through various media, social networks and at the award's website: www.summitawards.com.
The SIA is the only awards organization to offer winner microsite profiles. The microsites are free, fully customizable company profiles hosted on our highly trafficked website, which drives traffic to winners' sites. Past winners have had thousands of visitors explore their microsite profiles, increasing their website's prominence and visibility on the internet.
These microsite profiles offer an easy-to-use, built in WYSIWYG editor, space to upload images of winning entries, and links to winners' portfolios. The metatag spider locates winner's sites metatags which significantly increases web rankings. These profiles are visited by companies who search out winners accomplishments while making decisions about where to invest their advertising dollars.
The Awards also provides a comprehensive media kit including press templates, winner icons, trophy graphics and examples of winning media coverage. Winning entries receive a personalized certificate on opaque velum with the Summit MEA Awards motif. Customized trophies and additional certificates are also available.
Winning entries receive the coveted Best of Category, Platinum, or Silver Awards. Our high-quality custom trophies are a symbol of excellence, and demonstrate that your firm has achieved the pinnacle of advertising and marketing communication. Please see the award's website for the optional trophy selections available to winners.
Judges select Best of Category from among Platinum winning entries. To protect the Summit MEA and winner's integrity, the competition's bylaws limit the number of winning entries.
SIA judges from around the globe participate on our jury panels. They represent small, medium and large firms and universities, and all are tops in their fields. Judges are from entities such as: MCN, Wieden & Kennedy, Tribal DDB, Turner Studios, BBDO, Grey Advertising, Autumn:01, TBWA/Chiat/Day, Restaurant.com, Young and Rubicam, The Art Institute, New York University, Elevator, Y&R, TBWA, Ogilvy, Saatchi & Saatchi, and XM - Hong Kong.